If you have any questions about any of this information, please contact Tim Smith at email@example.com or (802) 867-5717 x143.
Any ninth graders
Monday-Thursday, April 9-12, 2018
LTS bus to and from the Albany–Rensselaer Amtrak station
Embassy Suites Hotel
1900 Diagonal Rd., Alexandria VA
$435 per student
Original cost per student was $520. Each student received a discount of $85 from the Basket Raffle proceeds.
You may pay in full or make payments monthly payments as follows:
- Dec. 1 – $50 deposit
- Jan. 15 – $130
- Feb. 15 – $130
- Mar. 15 – $125
Payments should be handed in to Kim Murphy.
Washington, DC Packing List
1 Medium-size piece of luggage & 1 backpack / tote bag (there are train size restrictions)
Students carry their own bags, so only pack what you need for the week & can carry!
ON THE TRAIN, MONDAY ONLY – you need to have Lunch/snacks/beverage (this will hold you from LTS in the morning until dinner in DC…healthy food/beverages!)
Backpack / Tote items (things for the train/each day in DC):
- glasses, contacts & solution, sunglasses
- spending money (for snacks/souvenirs)*If the kids want to go to the Spy Museum or Newseum there is a entrance fee. Extra money would be needed to visit.
books, magazines, cards, portable games, music device for the train and hotel
- medication (give to teachers w/specific instructions)
- electronics: camera, cell phone (remember chargers/batteries)
- sweatshirt or coat/jacket, hat, gloves (temperature changes throughout the day – be prepared for wind/rain)
Luggage items **check weather report Sunday and pack appropriately!**
- 2-3 pairs of pants / shorts (minimal holes/rips) *skirts not recommended due to wind
- 4-5 shirts, 1-2 sweaters/sweatshirts
- 1 weather resistant jacket (rain/windbreaker)
- 1-2 pair of comfortable walking shoes/sneakers *we will walk a lot!!!
- 1 pair slippers for hotel room/flip-flops for pool
- underwear and socks
- bathing suit (should cover you appropriately)
- hygiene items (shampoo/conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothbrush & toothpaste)
- comb/brush (there are hair dryers in the hotel suites)
- personal products
YOU WILL NOT NEED and/or MAY NOT BRING:
- musical instruments
- uncomfortable/high-heel shoes
- weapons, tobacco, drugs, alcohol
- inappropriate clothing
- lap-top computer *bring at your own risk, hotel rooms do not have free wi-fi
- towels/washcloths/sheets/pillows *provided by hotel
Monday: Bus/train – Students arrive at LTS at 6:45 am, load/leave by 7:00 am. Bus to AMTRAK Train station in Rensselaer/Albany, NY. Train schedule: 9:20 am train #280 to Penn Station NYC, depart 2:02 pm on train #93 to DC, arrive 5:15 pm. *students pack bag lunch/snacks/beverage
Meals: Bring your own breakfast and lunch to eat on the train, dinner at Theissman’s at 6:45 pm
Monuments at night
Tuesday: Highlight options: Arlington National Cemetery, Smithsonian Museums, National Zoo, White House
Meals: hotel breakfast, lunch Ronald Reagan Food Court, Pizza and wings party dinner at the Hotel.
Wednesday: Highlight options: Life on the National Mall: US Capitol, Smithsonian Museums, monuments galore. Holocaust Museum
Meals: breakfast at hotel, lunch at Ronald Reagan Food Court, dinner: Hard Rock Cafe
Thursday: Depart DC on train #184 at 9:20 am. Depart Penn Station in NYC on train #283 at 1:20 pm, approximate arrival time in Rensselaer/Albany, NY 4:23 pm. Students arrive back to school at 6:30 pm, parent pick-up time 6:30 pm