Once again we are delighted to present a full slate of academic field trips this spring for our students in sixth through ninth grade. LTS is grateful that, because of your generous support, the Trailblazer Fund, our school community’s annual campaign, will be subsidizing the cost of each trip for every student. We respect your investment in your child’s education. The fees set forth below reflect this Trailblazer Fund subsidy and are limited to a 5 percent increase from a grade’s trip last year.
To find out more about how the Trailblazer Fund supports our students, please contact Director of Development Courtney Callo via email: firstname.lastname@example.org , or phone 867-5717 ext. 161.
(802) 867-5717 ext. 204
Smithsonian, Mall, Arlington National Cemetery, cherry blossoms, Museum of Natural History, Air & Space, explore Capitol Hill, art, Holocaust and African American museums and the monuments at night.
Tim Smith (trip leader)
Monday, April 8-Thursday, April 11, 2019
LTS bus, Amtrak, Metro
$525 per student
PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY
Payment may be made in full on October 1 or as follows:
$262.50 – 50% due October 1, 2018
$131.25 – 25% due December 1, 2018
$131.25 – 25% due February 1, 2019
If a student withdraws from the trip for any reason up to 60 days before the trip, the refund is 50%. Up to 30 days before, the trip the refund is 25%. With regrets, there can be no refund for cancellation within 30 days of the trip.
Washington, DC Packing List
1 Medium-size piece of luggage & 1 backpack/tote bag (there are train size restrictions)
Students carry their own bags, so only pack what you need for the week & can carry!
ON THE TRAIN, MONDAY ONLY – you need to have Lunch/snacks/beverage (this will hold you from LTS in the morning until dinner in DC…healthy food/beverages!)
Backpack / Tote items (things for the train/each day in DC):
- glasses, contacts & solution, sunglasses
- spending money (for snacks/souvenirs)
- books, magazines, cards, portable games, music device for the train and hotel
- medication (give to teachers w/specific instructions)
- electronics: camera, cell phone (remember chargers/batteries)
- sweatshirt or coat/jacket, hat, gloves (temperature changes throughout the day – be prepared for wind/rain)
Luggage items **check weather report Sunday and pack appropriately!**
- 2-3 pairs of pants / shorts (minimal holes/rips) *skirts not recommended due to wind
- 4-5 shirts
- 1-2 sweaters/sweatshirts
- 1 weather appropriate jacket (rain/windbreaker)
- 1-2 pair of comfortable walking shoes/sneakers *we will walk a lot!!!
- 1 pair slippers for hotel room/flip-flops for pool
- underwear and socks
- bathing suit (should cover you appropriately)
- hygiene items/toiletries
YOU WILL NOT NEED and/or MAY NOT BRING:
- musical instruments
- uncomfortable/high-heel shoes
- weapons, tobacco, drugs, alcohol
- inappropriate clothing
- lap-top computer *bring at your own risk, hotel rooms do not have free wi-fi
- towels/washcloths/sheets/pillows *provided by hotel