Standard Written English (SWE)
Written work at Long Trail School adheres to the dictates of Standard Written English (SWE).
- Express personal ideas and feelings in a variety of modes;
- Express critical and evaluative ideas;
- Communicate information, ideas, and beliefs to various audiences;
- Express ideas persuasively and provide support.
Each grade level will demand an increasingly sophisticated style.
Reports, theses, defense essays, projects, math tasks, and any other work will be
- word processed, spell checked, and grammar checked;
- double spaced, with 1.5-inch side margins and 1-inch top and bottom margins;
- printed 12-point in a clear, readable font such as Arial or Times New Roman.
For explanations, examples, and an editing checklist, please refer to the LTS SWE Guide.