LTS At A Glance
Founded in 1975, LONG TRAIL SCHOOL has grown from a one-room rented space serving 14 students, to a state-of-the-art, 60,000-square-foot facility on 14 acres serving students in grades 6-12 with over 50 faculty and staff members. Long Trail serves students from towns in southwestern Vermont and nearby New York state, as well as worldwide.
LTS takes pride in its small class sizes, outstanding faculty, forward thinking curriculum including the International Baccalaureate Programme, superb Arts program, and inclusive Division IV athletics. LTS is a unique community which is guided by our history and our commitment to several principles: our vision, beliefs, and core values shape the LTS experience for all members of the community and help our institution stay true to our mission. The student-written Honor Code affirms those principles and guides our community members to be good citizens of not only LTS, but also the broader global community.
Long Trail is a member institution of, or accredited by, the following organizations:
- Vermont State Board of Education
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- National Association of Independent Schools
- Independent Schools Association of Northern New England
- Vermont Independent Schools Association
- New England League of Middle Schools
- Vermont Principals’ Association