Vision and Beliefs
VISION: Long Trail School kindles intellectual and creative passion.
The following statements reflect the ideas that we believe are integral to a meaningful and effective education. These beliefs guide us in shaping our educational experiences for students.
- Learning how to think is more important than being told what to think
- Curiosity and conversation motivate
- Children deserve a safe, welcoming, and supportive school where everybody is known and valued
- Diversity improves the educational experience
- A dynamic classroom responds to the individuality of each child
- A balance of challenge and support moves learners to greater understanding and skill
- Teaching and learning work best in small groups
- Education is a shared responsibility