- 5:30-6:30 – IB Information Meeting
- 7:00 – The Advanced Improvisation class will demonstrate several scenes
- 7:30 – Jam Session with IB Band
HUB (KIM RIZIO’S ROOM)
- Audio recordings by IB HL English seniors.
- Integrated Science (grade 9) will display their Maker Faire 2018 projects related to electricity and magnetism. Projects include a small scale wind turbine, homopolar motors, deconstructed motors, a hand battery and a homemade speaker.
- Chemistry (grade 10) will display their Molecular Gastronomy projects created as part of a molecular geometry unit. Displays include information about various complex molecules found in common recipes.
- Advanced Chemistry (pre-IB, grade 10) will display their PSA Board titled “How safe are the products that we use and eat?”. An interactive component allows visitors to search the safety ratings of products and foods they eat.
- IB Biology student research exploring plant and algal growth and development in response to a variety of treatments
- IB SL Maths and Math Studies students will run probability simulations. Visitors will be able to explore theoretical and experimental probabilities through various situations.
WHALEN COMMON ROOM (5:30-6:30)
- 6th and 7th grade Humanities students will present displays highlighting their research about an assigned European country.
- Videos of class skits and innovative product commercials. Students also have interactive word games to play with visitors.
- 10th grade National History Day presentations. Students have researched and created projects around the theme of “Conflict and Compromise”. Topics range from the Roman Republic to 20th century Ireland.
- IB Community, Action, Service (CAS) displays
- Collaborative art mural using sumi ink