Long Trail School Parents Association
Every parent is a member of the Long Trail Parents Association! The LTPA enriches the LTS experience for all students and families in the LTS community by providing a social network, raising funds to supplement scholarships and student programs, and developing enrichment programs for parents.
Ways To Get Involved:
- Attend a Meeting: Meetings take place monthly and all parents are invited to attend. You will receive notification of meeting dates and times through weekly E-notes, and agendas are sent out a few days prior to each meeting.
- Volunteer: Long Trail School relies heavily on volunteerism throughout the year. Whether you help by volunteering in the library, chaperoning a field trip, or helping out at a fundraising event, every effort is appreciated and makes an impact.
- Join a Committee: The LTPA forms committees throughout the year to accomplish specific goals. Consider joining an event committee, fundraising committee, or an enrichment committee as they are formed throughout the year.
- Attend a Social Event: The LTPA and Grade Level Parents host numerous social gatherings throughout the year to strengthen our parent community. Enjoy the opportunity to meet and have fun with fellow parents!
- Attend an Enrichment Program: The LTPA sponsors enrichment programs which allow parents to come together to learn about and discuss various issues. Previous events have included forums on teenage drug and alcohol use, topics in education, and school initiatives.
LTPA Officers 2012-2013
President – Margaret McChesney (’13 and ’15)
Vice President – Lauri Lyman (’13)
Secretary – Paula Krieg (’14)
Treasurer – Teresa Ameden (’14)
Volunteer Coordinator – Sue Wilborn (’17)
Hospitality Chair – Amy Peckel (’18)
Enrichment Coordinator – Charlotte Gerstein (’18)
Friends of the Arts – Dina Bronson (’15)
Friends of Athletics – Heather Lund (’14 and ’17)
Faculty Liaison – Patti Alexander
Grade Level Representatives 2012-2013
The following are parent volunteers representing their child’s grade level. They work closely with the LTPA to disseminate important information to the families of those in their grade level.
Grade 6 – Karen Utiger, Phillippa Culley
Grade 7 – Trisha Lucie, Trish Peschl
Grade 8 – Kim Murphy, Abby Lalor, Jody Trombetta
Grade 9 – Anne D’Olivo, Laura Marchese
Grade 10 – Sandy Rose
Grade 11 – Trish Kozal, Heather Lund, Kristine LeFevre
Grade 12 – Sharon Turner, Deb Sheldon