IB Diploma Programme
- Participate in and complete internal/external assessments for six IB courses — 3 (or not more than 4)
- Higher Level courses and 3 (or 2) Standard Level courses
- Complete Theory of Knowledge (TOK)
- Submit an original Extended Essay, an in-depth study of a limited topic chosen by the student and supervised by the supervisor within a subject and no more than 4,000 words
- Approximately 40 hours
- Complete a Creativity, Action, Service (CAS) Plan
- At least 150 hours divided among the categories completed over 2 years
Option to Participate in individual IB Level Courses
All students are invited to participate in IB courses. A non-diploma student participating in an IB course must complete all internal and external assessments for that course. Therefore, it is strongly suggested that student should sit for the IB exam. Students who choose to take exams and pass will receive certificates from IBO in a given subject, and may choose to apply for college credit or advanced standing as available.
For more information on the IB Programme, visit www.ibo.org.