Prerequisite: Prior approval from Dean of Academics and the IB Coordinator
Additional Fee Required
Long Trail School partners with Pamoja to offer online IB courses to both diploma and certificate candidates. This allows students to further individualize their IB education, explore a subject area not available at Long Trail, and participate in an international classroom in the online format.
All Pamoja Education online IB courses are:
- delivered over two years
- developed and taught by experienced IB teachers who have been specially trained in online pedagogy
- subject to the IB’s rigorous online course approval standards
- designed to ensure students master the curriculum and develop skills for their future
- offered in classes with students from around the world – providing a highly interactive and truly international online IB experience.
Any student wishing to enroll in a Pamoja course must meet with the IB coordinator by May 1 of their sophomore year to give students a greater understanding for the experience of online learning and to identify any obstacles they may encounter in this new environment. There is a tuition fee of around $1000 for the instruction and required texts, which is only refundable for a three week drop period, minus a $250 administrative fee.
- SL Business Management
- SL/HL Informational Technology in a Global Society
- SL/HL Economics
- SL Philosophy
- HL Mathematics